On specific inputs two cordon and search operations were launched by army and J&K police at Sarshali and Beigpora in Awantipora on Wednesday morning.
The search operation launched led to breaking out of an encounters after the ultras fired upon the security forces.
A total of four terrorists were eliminated during these encounters.
In Sharshali encounter two terrorists of LeT were killed. The identity of the ultras is still not known. A haul of arms and ammunition was also recovered from the site of encounter.
In a another gunfight at Beigpora village of Awantipura, a commander of Hizbul Mujahideen along with another ultra was. The operation was launched last evening and contact was established with hiding terrorists on Wednesday morning.
In this encounter two terrorists were killed. One of the ultra has been identified as Riyaz Naikoo.
Riyaz Naikoo was the chief operational commander of (HM) outfit in Kashmir.
He joined Militant ranks of HM outfit in May 2012 and was a close associate of Burhan Wani. After Zakir Musa formed his own outfit called Ansar Gazwat ul Hind, Naikoo became the head of HM outfit in Jammu Kashmir. Zakir Musa was killed in an encounter last year.
Riyaz Naikoo was also responsible for inducting large number youths from Kashmir into HM and indulged serious violence against local population and security forces.
He was a the one who was responsible for revival of HM outfit in the state. He frequently used to release videos , audios having Pro-Pakistan and separatist propaganda.
He executed a series of attacks on policemen, forces and civilians. He resorted to brutal killings of civilians branding them as police/SF informers.
He looted orchard owners and farmers to collect funds for his outfit.He also has been collecting booty from illicit cultivation of opium in South Kashmir.
His outfit came under scanner for narco trade case in jammu where a huge sum of money was transferred to one of his contacts. Some of the Killings where he was directly involved were –
1) killing of Haji Ghulam Mohd Dar Father Of a Sarpanch At Dogripora on 8-3-2014
2) killing of Gh Mohi-Ud-din Dar
3) killing of Javaid Akbar Khanday
4) killing of a Police HC Ashiq Hussain Mir at Padgampoara crossing.
5) kidnapping of constable Naseer Ahmad
6) looting of 9 weapons from the residence of ex MLA Wachi.
7) killing of six migrant labour in kulgam
8) killing of truck drivers and fruit traders post Aug 5.
9) Release of an audio tape threatening attacks on the Jail staff after preferential treatment being provided to militants and the separatists lodged in various jails was discontinued.