Press "Enter" to skip to content

Tehsildar drinks acid sold by shopkeeper unknowingly, gets hospitalised

Last Updated on June 10, 2021 at 10:51 am

A Tehsildar in South Kashmir’s Kulgam district was hospitalised on Wednesday as a shopkeeper mistakenly sold him a bottle of battery acid instead of water to drink.

As per reports, Tehsildar Damhal Hanjipora, Niyaz Ahmad Bhat was on his way back after destroying poppy cultivation and went to a nearby shop to have water around 11:00 am.

By mistake the shopkeeper sold him a bottle which looked like water but actually it was acid. After having that Tehsildar started to feel uneasy and he was hospitalized.

Niyaz Ahmad, the hospitalized Tehsildar, confirmed the incident.  He said that “After that I hospitalized myself and I am going for further treatment to Srinagar hospital”.

BMO Damhal Hanjipora, Gulzar Ahmad Dar said that Niyaz’s condition is fine and he was discharged from the hospital.

As per reports, station house officer DH Pora, Tanveer Ahmad said that the shopkeeper has been arrested and an FIR number 60/2021 under relevant sections of law has been registered against him.