Press "Enter" to skip to content

Sarpanch in J&K to grant construction permission in rural areas

Last Updated on January 24, 2022 at 1:23 pm

Jammu and Kashmir government has authorized Sarpanches to provide permissions for the construction of residential houses in rural areas of J&K. As per J&K administration, Sarpanch will grant permission for construction, reconstruction or alteration of the residential houses.

An order was passed on January 22 by the J&K Rural Development Department, the permission for residential constructions within the respective Panchayat jurisdiction will be issued by a 3-member Committee comprising Sarpanch of the Halqa, VLW (Panchayat Secretary) and Patwari of the respective Halqa.

Also, Sarpanchs have been made the competent authority to give permission for commercial and other government buildings in the rural areas.

The authority for the commercial building which also includes shops in the rural regions has been granted to a committee led by the Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) of the concerned area while the Tehsildar, town planning concerned, BDO concerned and the Sarpanch of the Halqa Panchayat will be the members of the committee.

For the construction or renovation of any other buildings which includes government buildings in the rural areas, the committee, headed by concerned SDM who will be the chairman, concerned Tehsildar, Town planning officer, BDO and Sarpanch of the Halqa Panchayat as members of the committee, will issue permission.